The Catenian Association
Strengthening family life
Through friendship and faith
- Catholic laymen who meet monthly to enjoy each other’s company
- Active baptised Catholics
- A world wide organisation
- Pray at meetings
- Look after members and families in difficulty
- Enjoy life with families and friends
- Meet socially and draw support from other Catholic laymen with similar values.
- Become part of a close yet international community that offers lifelong support and friendship to members and their families.
- Mix socially with other likeminded Catholic laymen.
- Enjoy interesting and varied social events for members and their families.
- Provide collective support for the church and clergy.
- Receive spiritual and practical support in times of difficulty or need.
We meet locally
- Once a month at the Moorland Gardens Hotel, Yelverton for a meeting and a meal
- Socially with wives and families including quiz evenings, pub lunches, golf, boules, barbeques, skittles, walks etc.
The monthly meeting provides a time for relaxed enjoyment among supporting and faithful friends. If a Brother and his family have to relocate for any reason, the spread of Catenian Circles will often provide a ready-made and supportive Circle of friends. We are a Social Group of like-minded Catholics. We are not fundraisers although we do have a Bursary Fund to assist young people going on their gap years to do good works and those visiting Lourdes and we have a Benevolent Fund to assist our widows, orphans and those on hard times. To sum up the Catenians it is FRIENDSHIP and FELLOWSHIP.
You must be and remain, a practising member of the Catholic Church. Membership is for those over the age of 18 years.
How do I join?
If you would like to know more about becoming a Catenian, but do not know a Catenian, please ask the following members who are part of our congregation:
David Leah, Secretary (01752) 217285, Mike Green, Mike Prout or ask Father Louis for more information